Motivation is a key factor in successful sales. We’ve compiled a series of quotes from the experts: inspirational advice from sales gurus whose words add meaning to the business of selling. Have we left out your favourite sales quote? Go ahead and add it in the comments below.
- Before a performance, a sales presentation, a difficult confrontation, or the daily challenge of meeting a goal, see it clearly, vividly, relentlessly, over and over again. Create an internal “comfort zone”. Then, when you get into the situation, it isn’t foreign. It doesn’t scare you.
- Marketing is becoming a battle based more on information than on sales power.
- The best advertising is done by satisfied customers.
- If you do build a great experience, customers tell each other about that. Word of mouth is very powerful.
- One customer, well taken care of, could be more valuable than $10 000 worth of advertising. Good service leads to multiple sales. If you take good care of your customers, they will open doors you could never open by yourself.
- Selling is a person-to-person business. The sale begins when the customer says yes.
- Your most unhappy customers are your best source of learning.
- Make a habit of dominating the listening and let the customer dominate the talking.
- Approach each customer with the idea of helping him or her solve a problem or achieve a goal, not of selling a product or service.
- Sales is essentially a transfer of feelings.
- Honesty and integrity are absolutely essential for success in life – all areas of life. The really good news is that anyone can develop both honesty and integrity.
- Stop selling. Start helping.
- Show respect for the other person’s opinions and never say you’re wrong.
- No one likes to feel that he or she is being sold something or told to do a thing. We much prefer to feel that we are buying of our own accord or acting on our own ideas. We like to be consulted about our wishes, our wants, our thoughts.
- Spend a lot of time talking to customers face to face. You’d be amazed how many companies don’t listen to their customers.
- You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.
- There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.
Mary Kay Ash
- It doesn’t make any difference whether the product is cars or cosmetics. A company is only as good as the people it keeps.
- In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins: cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later.
- If you don’t have a competitive advantage, don’t compete.
- Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs.
- Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
- A handful of men have become very rich by paying attention to details that most others ignored.