What are the best techniques for maturing leads? How important is mobility? What advantages do social media offer? And is there a direct link between an educational blog and your company’s sales?
1) If you follow up web-generated leads in less than 5 minutes, you’re 9 times more likely to convert them. Source: Insidesales.com
2) The best time to make cold calls is between 4 and 5 pm. The second best time is between 8 and 10 am. And the worst time of the day: between 11 am and 2 pm. Source: Kellogg School of Business
3) In 2007 it took on average 3.68 cold call attempts to reach a prospect. Today that figure is 8. Source: TeleNet and Ovation Sales Group
4) 47% of marketing companies plan to increase their efforts through mobile applications over the next year. Source: Experian
6) In 2013 US$10.46 billion were spent on mobile marketing, compared with US$6.69 billion in 2012. Source: MMA
7) Marketing automation has grown more rapidly than any other CRM-related segment over the past 5 years. Source: Focus Research
8) In 2020, 85% of customer management will take place without face-to-face meetings. Source: Gartner Research
9) Email marketing has twice the ROI of cold calls, networking and trade fairs. Source: Marketing Sherpa
10) Only 25% of leads are legitimate and likely to move forward to a sale. Source: Gleanster Research
11) 61% of B2B marketing sends all its leads directly to sales. However, only 27% of those leads are qualified. Source: Marketing Sherpa
12) 44% of online buyers start by using a search engine. Source: Interconnected World: Shopping & Personal Finance, 2012
13) Tweets published around 4pm tend to get more retweets. Source: Hubspot
14) 43% of all vendors met a customer through LinkedIn in 2013. Source: Hubspot
15) Personalised emails improve the click rate by 14% and conversion rates by 10%. Source: Aberdeen Group
16) B2B vendors say their biggest obstacles to success are lack of staff/human resources, budget, and time. Source: B2B Technology Marketing Community
17) 82% of vendors who blog every day have acquired a customer thanks to their blog, compared to 57% who have a monthly blog. Though even the latter figure is impressive. Source: Hubspot
18) Websites that use the +1 button generate 3.5 more visits in Google+ than sites without the button. More than 40% of vendors report that the network is fundamental to their business. Source: Hubspot
19) Lead nurturing emails achieve a 4-10 times higher response rate and a CTR of 8%, compared to independent mass emailings (which have a CTR of 3%). Source: SilverPop/DemandGen Report.
20) In a typical company of between 100-500 employees, 7 people on average are involved in the majority of buying decisions. Source: Gartner Group
21) The part of a presentation that most sticks in the audience’s minds are the last 5 minutes. So finish off in style!
22) 70% of people make buying decisions to solve problems. The remaining 30% to gain something. Source: Impact Communications
23) 50% of mobile-based searches are carried out with the hope of finding locally based results, and 61% of those searches result in a purchase. Source: Search Engine Watch.
24) 62% of vendors report that social media have played an important role in their marketing campaigns in the last 6 months. Source: Hubspot
25) 68% of B2B companies use landing pages for new conversions from leads to customers. Source: MarketingSherpa
26) People are more likely to visit the website of a B2B technology company if they’ve seen a tweet from that company. Source: KoMarketing Associates
27) 44% of consumers say they like brands that offer sales promotions and coupons via their mobiles. Source: Millward Brown
28) 91% of customers say they would give references for only 11% of the vendors who ask for them. Source: Dale Carnegie
29) 57% of B2B organisations identify “converting potential customers into paying customers” as a priority at the top of the funnel. Source: MarketingSherpa
30) 84% of companies with a CRM use a process of lead scoring to analyse the quality of their leads. Source: Direct Marketing News